About Me

My photo
Hi! In case you have never tried it, 4th grade is the best! I LOVE MY JOB! I am blessed to teach at a small Christian school in the Southwest! We have loads of fun and I have been told I am creative...I am just good at copying others! I hope this blog is a help to others and please always feel free to email me!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss (Part 2)

 
After building classroom excitement in the two weeks before Dr. Seuss's birthday (see Part 1 entry for ideas), we have a birthday party on March 2.  What a fun and memorable day this has turned into!  :)
 
We have a uniform policy, but on this day the 4th graders are given permission to dress like any character from a Dr. Seuss book!  Just look at some of my cutie patooties! 
 
We have the Lorax and a Brown Bar-ba-loot!
  
 
Cindy Lou and the Grinch
 
 
Thing 1, 2, and 3 
 

Our school is blessed with an activity room that includes a kitchen.  I usually have many parent helpers come early and help me decorate.  I have been having this party for a few years now and have been able to collect many decorations and characters to reuse year after year.
 
My helpers and I turn this room.....


 
INTO THIS! 

 
 
 
 
Isn't it gorgeous?  Each table has a different color table cloth.  I was able to buy the centerpieces from BirthdayExpress.com.  Each year I add fresh balloons and books from my collection.  The counter of food is the cutest! I purchased the red and blue globes at Hobby Lobby.  Truffula Trees (homemade from bulletin board paper) and the Lorax decorate the walls. 
 
 I made the food labels myself.  Each food conincides with a different book!
 
 
Green Eggs and Ham, of course!
 
 
Cat In The Hat Jello Parfaits


Whoville Cupcakes!
 
 
Truffala Trees from The Lorax (Marshmallows on Sticks)
 
 
 Sneetch Star sugar cookies & Grinch guacamole!
 
 
Oh The Places You'll Go lollipops, Red Fish, Blue Fish, One Fish, Two Fish Jello

 
The drink station is ADORABLE!  Right?  I found different drinks named in some of Dr. Seuss's books and made labels!  The kids love trying all the different kinds....in reality, it is just different kinds of Hawaiian Punch!  :)

During the party, we make a "Cat in the Hat" edible craft out of icing, nilla wafer, and red lifesavers. 

After all the partying we can take, we return to the classroom and watch "Horton Hears a Who."  It is a nice end to our day!  While we enjoy the movie, my parent helpers usually clean up! 

So, are you up for the challenge?

Until Next Time,
~Jacquie

No comments:

Post a Comment